In addition to drug therapy and psychotherapy, whose effectiveness has been demonstrated, there are many simple remedies that anyone can practice at home. Among these relaxation techniques, which require a limited effort and can be used at any time. These techniques represent a natural and physiological stress, can also occur when you are not aware of these reactions in our body. Relaxation is defined as a physical or mental condition in which the individual is relieved of tension. Reach a state of relaxation means therefore be able to control the level of physiological activation, so as to create the conditions for free from tension.
When stress and anxiety affect the normal functioning of the body relaxation can be useful in order to redress the balance. In the East, relaxation techniques are known and followed for centuries: the masters of the yoga practiced as a fundamental aspect of their discipline in the West instead of the interest in these techniques was poor until the last decade, when he began to consider the body as a complex system consisting of the interaction between mind and body. A fundamental contribution to the study of relaxation and its therapeutic practice was made by Professor J. H. Schultz, who developed a method called biofeedback. It is a state of slight self-induced trance through techniques of autosuggestion, which leads to a state of physical and mental relaxation.
Thanks to the app for Android phones Relax & Chromotherapy available on Google Play Store you can have your relaxing tool always with you.
Many psychologists and doctors have begun to use relaxation techniques in addition to conventional therapies. Thanks to the growing interest in this field of study we now know that different techniques can be adapted to different personality types. The techniques proposed in this section is not intended as an alternative to psychotherapy, but rather as a supplement to it, or simply as a relaxation exercise that you can use in your own home when you have a little ‘time to devote to themselves themselves. Anyone can do these simple exercises and benefit from them, there is no contraindication or danger.
Before starting the exercises is required preparation to prepare the body and mind to relax:
– wear comfortable clothes and shoes lever before starting a workout;
– you can sit on a chair, on a couch, on a chair or lie down on the bed, making sure to check that no part of the body is in tension;
– placed in a comfortable position, whether lying down or sitting;
– the important thing is to feel comfortable;
– may be useful to spend a few minutes moving deeper and deeper into his chair;
– if you’re sitting puts his hands on the arms or legs;
– if you are lying you put your arms at your sides.
The techniques are most effective if you practice with your eyes closed.
Download the app from Google Play Relax & Chromotherapy and after starting the app on your phone go to the BREATH RELAXATION. Follow these simple rules:
– Push the inspired air into the stomach, and gradually more and more on to completely fill the lungs;
– Do not rush, take your time;
– Do not use excessive force your breath, but keep it smooth and regular;
– Focuses attention on that point of the belly up and follow it up to the chest;
– Use your nose to breathe in, breathe out your mouth;
– As you exhale try to clear your mind of worries and concerns;
– Slide away the thoughts along with the air that comes out of your body;
– Stay calm and relaxed;
– If you focus on the phases of breathing you will not be attacked by unpleasant thoughts.